I hope this is helpful and not confusing about your and our agreements in use of this website and a bit about use of our services otherwise. Please contact me at KathrynEllen@bloomsofwonder.com if you have any questions.
The website and its content is owned by Kathryn and Blooms of Wonder (“we”, or “us”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of bloomsofwonder.com + all affiliated pages (“Website”).
Information We May Collect
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content, including coaching and other programs, communities such as our Facebook community, or free services. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. We may collect:
- A name and an email address so we can deliver our e-mail list or newsletter to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to us in our contact forms.
- Billing information including name, address and credit card information so that we can process payment to deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation. Some of this information and other purchasing information goes through PayPal, so if you purchase through PayPal, you also agree to their terms.
- A name and an email address if you complete our contact form with a question. We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question unless this is not permitted through GDPR or another law.
Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at KathrynEllen@bloomsofwonder.com.
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Website or content.
Other Information We May Collect:
Anonymous Data Collection and Use
To maintain our Website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
Use of “Cookies”
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on our Website and some features may not work as intended.
What We Do With Information We Collect
We may contact you with information that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
- Consent. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
- Delivering services. We will contact you under our obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us or as otherwise agreed in services or product-delivering.
- Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We currently use PayPal which has Terms and Conditions you can also read, which include agreement with GDPR policies.
Targeted Social Media Advertisements
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and / or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
Share with Third Parties
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, and Google / social media accounts in order to run advertisements and our affiliates.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Submission, Storage, Sharing and Transferring of Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
Data and Personal Information Retention
We generally retain your Personal Data and Information for the time necessary to provide you with the information and / or services that you requested from us. If we provide additional services or communication to support you, for example in writing or photography work, however, this is not always a clear time unless you request that we delete your information. We also may retain and share, with your permission, your name and information you provide for testimonials, feedback, and, in the case of worksheets for purchases, your first name or initials as an identifier, which we may provide for tax purposes.
And, if you enter in to a service/product-providing relationship with us, notes from the work we do together may be kept and/or for example, on our e-mail services whose privacy policies we do not have complete control of. We will do our best to prevent a breach of this and share if there is a breach of this, but, in agreeing to work with this, you acknowledge that any of this information is not 100% secure. And, if you request your information deleted, we will do our best to delete all information, but this may not always be possible, especially with computer “backups” and e-mail servers. If you are not comfortable with this, you and we will make a different plan when you sign up for our services or you may not be able to do certain things with us.
This Personal Information information may include things beyond usual Personal Data such as your name, address, etc., such as your goals, concerns, and information you might generally keep private but are choosing to share.
We may also keep certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
And, again, see above under “Data and Personal Information Retention.”
To use certain features of the Website or coaching/related content, or related groups including those on Facebook or LinkedIn, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
We will use our best efforts to keep your username and password(s) private and will not otherwise share your password(s) without your consent, except as necessary when the law requires it or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, particularly when disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to others or interfering with our rights or property.
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
Under GDPR or other regulations, you may have the right to:
- Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data we use.
- Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
- Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hinderance.
- Object to our use of your Personal Data.
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.We will do our best to fulfill your requests, whether you are covered under such a law. And, again, ask you to acknowledge that your personal information can only protected as best as possible, and for example, when sending or receiving an e-mail, that information is now shared online.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at KathrynEllen@bloomsofwonder.com
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data and Personal Information you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data or Personal Information will always be secure due to circumstances including technology or security breaches. Should there be a data or information breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
Third Party Websites
We may link to other websites on our Website. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
Notification of Changes
Data Controller and Processors
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant.
Last Updated: May 2018